Thanks!

Swinging a leg over a high rear load is a chore even for us
long-of-limb-ers. I think I still have scar from the first time I lashed a
milk crate to rear rack.

My scheme is actually even more nutty- I have a way to clip my commuter
bag/briefcase directly onto the Platrack (inspired by the way the Slicker
Sack attaches) but I really dont want it in front, so I'm thinking of
putting the platrack on the rear. I may need to do the "short stay" mod
that someone just posted in another thread, or maybe I can run the long
stays down to the rear dropouts. I also don't know if I'll get heel strike
problems. Only one way to find out!

I certainly WILL post pics of any discoveries to share. (I won't post pics
of abject failures, though!)

-Pete (mad rack scientist) in CT