That crank length thread is a bit heated over at i-bob.

I've also been wondering if I should get a shorter crank because of left
knee pain, which tends to start and gets progressively worse at the 20th
mile mark.  There are quite a few crank length calculators out there, all
giving me results ranging from 165mm to 177.5mm.

I currently ride a Sam with 175mm Sugino triple crank (82.5 PBH).