This attitude seems a bit too whimsical to me. I agree with Grant that the
minutiae of tubing thicknesses, tensile strengths and butt lengths mean
little apart from the context of the whole frame and its user, but after
all, Grant doesn't build his frames out of just anything.

Patrick "resolutely punctuating in the old style, too" Moore

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 6:55 PM, Garth <garth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What makes all this talk of tubes and what does to what to what
> meaningless is that no two people are the same !  Not only are bodies
> different... but our perceptions and feel for what we wish to experience
> are vastly different.  So in making a frame ... the one designing it has to
> go with their own instincts... their own passion  Passion rubs off.  If
> people see someone having a good time on frame ... they'll want one too.
>  If they don't ... they won't !   If you cannot please yourself .... you're
> pleasing no one :)
>
> Isn't that what's all about ... having fun ?  :)
>
> Having said that ... I guess you can even have fun talking about things
> like tubes even though no one "really" knows what the other means !  lol
> hahahaahaha !!!!!      ... and hey ... to me that IS fun !!!

"Believe nothing until it has been officially denied."
                                                   -- Claude Cockburn