This makes sense and lines up with my reading on the subject over the
years...... strength vs. stiffness etc. Our frames really are 'springs' in
that they don't go past the yield point. This is why we like steel it
doesn't fail like aluminum does.Thin walled tubing is great for lighter
loads as it is essentially a lighter spring. Put a big enough load/rider on
a Rodeo and it will feel like a piece of 'wet spaghetti' (definitely), same
applies if a flyweight rides a Bombadil he'll feel like its too stiff
and unyielding (maybe). I'm thinking the dent resistance of heavier walled
tubing is a smart idea especially on the top tube when it gets leaned up
against stuff and sometimes the handlebar end twists and whacks it, putting
a dent in it. Beyond all this what we are talking about are just bicycle
frames and I figure Grant and his builders have more experience in the area
than I ever will plus he has a vested interest in making a good and safe
product. .9x.6x.9,.8x.5x.8, straight .8 or even1.0x.7x1.0 they are just
tubes that require a good fit, proper joints and intelligent design. Thanks
Grant, for the article you emailed. You have my confidence.