I've taken a solid year to dial in my saddle height, tilt, front to back
position etc. I make sure to only change one thing at a time and see how it
goes for a 5+ hours of riding, including one ride of at least 3 hours, then
shift as needed. WIth a mid-foot position on the peddles, I like my saddle
lower (like many of you have described, and farther forward on the post.
It's currently all the way forward, and my next "play" is to try it back
from there slightly. It is amazing how the various adjustments interplay,
with one shift leading to a re-adjustment of another that had been dialed
in. Of course I'm only back to cycling for a year, after many years away,
plus I have a very shallow learning curve not having memory, so hopefully
you are faster at this than I am!

With abandon,
Patrick