funny, my opinion is the exact opposite of yours Matthew. The Nitto racks
are stronger (but heavier) and the welding/finish is much cleaner from my
two samples of Tubus racks.  For me though, I like the perfect fit of
custom built racks and find the expense worth it.  But both Nitto and Tubus
are good quality racks for most uses.

~mike