Hi Michael,

Well, if you want to ride longer distances, then you have to put in either
time or intensity.

I think the Unracer way of doing it would be to take longer and longer
rides working up to a 50-miler. The short on time method would be to take
your 10 mile commute and pump up the intensity and get your heart rate up.
There have been studies showing that 30-minutes of intense training was
worth 2 hours of endurance training, but that's probably getting off-track
of where you want to go.

--There is a very important strategy I use for the doubling your longest
distance strategy (50-mile longest for the 100-mile event).

I find my "go forever" pace. You are spinning comfortably and your body
feels like you can do it forever. Stick to that pace no matter what.

When you start the ride, people's adrenalin is flowing and even the unracer
can get caught up in the excitement and the next thing you know, you are
going too fast and are getting tired 25 miles into the ride.

Start the ride in your own bubble and find that internal pace where you are
comfortable and feel like you can maintain forever.  That forever pace is
going to slow down as your ride continues, but stick with it and you'll
finish...

Good luck!
Toshi