On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 5:21:24 PM UTC-4, David Craig wrote:

> Matt:
>
> "Also, Surly measures their Crosscheck and LHT frame sizes *exactly* the
> same way Rivendell measures theirs:   Center-to-top (i.e., top of TT).
> My better half owns one of the early crosschecks which is sitting in our
> living room, and this is how it's measured/sized."
>
> From the Riv site:
>
> Sizing Rivendells (the bikes we design) -- frame sizes measured center of
> crank to top of seat tube
> *
> *
> Not saying you didn't see what you saw, but I just measured my AHH and
> it's 65 cm at the top of the seat tube.

Dave, the top of the seat tube on a Riv corresponds to the top of the
top-tube, because their frames are lugged, and as such there is no
extension of seat-tube above the top-tube.    The Surly LHT and CC models
are sized exactly the same way that Riv does their sizes, even though they *
do* have that extension (an artifact of their tig-welded joinery).    They
do not include the extension of ST beyond the TT, but measure from the
center of the BB to the top of the TT, just as Riv does.

Matt