The Waterford era ('94-97ish) Riv Road Standards do work for 650b
conversion, but they're not ideal.  Mine is an early '97, with a max of
700x28x tires (less than 2mm of clearance above Ruffy Tuffy's)

I converted mine from 700x28c to 650x38b, which dropped the bike 9mm (lost
19mm of rim, gained back 10mm of tire).  I have scraped the outside edge of
the pedal once or twice, but I usually drag a heel before I drag a pedal.
 A rare and avoidable occurrence, either way.

650x38b seems to be the maximum tire on this frame, as both fork blades and
chainstays are too tight for 42mm Hetres, as far as I can see (currently
running 38mm Lierre).

This conversion makes room for P45 Longboard fenders, but the front tip of
the rear fender is squeezed a bit in the chainstays.  Also, the long
mudflap becomes a big leaf scoop; I take it off on non-rainy days.  I'll
probably add the shorty mudflap to my next Riv order.

Tim