On 12/7/2013 6:24 PM, J. McRee Elrod wrote:
<snip>
How bibliographic record exchange would work when full manifestation records no longer exist, and collections have differing manifestations of works, I've not seen discussed.
</snip>

Yes, I have not seen this issue discussed either. Just as important, especially in today's rather crazy environment is: who will *own* the work/expression information? If not made clear, a library could lose all of its headings! and be left only with the manifestation (or ISBD areas). Naturally, that would be a complete disaster for any library.

It would be highly irresponsible for a library to assume that such vital information would forever be in the public domain. That must be ensured legally by all means available.
--
James Weinheimer weinheimer.ji...@gmail.com
First Thus http://catalogingmatters.blogspot.com/