Jason,

Any additional OCPD downstream of the 200A load output breaker could allow
for a smaller wire size to be used at these terminals. For example, load
output conductors run to a 100A main breaker panel board.  Obviously
depending on circumstances, a #4 copper could fit the bill.

What I’m not extremely  excited about with the new design is that in an
off-grid scenario with a generator and smart load, we would now need to
integrate an AC disconnect for generator input (grid)  and either a fused
disconnect or loads panel for any smart load output. With the 12K unit, the
integrated breakers help cut down on BOS and install time.

-Chris

On Sat, Apr 16, 2022 at 5:35 PM Darryl Thayer via RE-wrenches <
re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org> wrote:

> Hello, The overcurrent device is to protect the conductors.  you can put
> any size wire, but you must protect with the overcurrent device.  REmember
> in solar equipment; you may have more than one supply source.  The DC best
> example is solar modules connected in parallel,      on
>
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2022 at 8:26 PM Jerry Shafer via RE-wrenches <
> re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org> wrote:
>
>> You must meet all expected source output potentials within the design and
>> operating limits, as long as the distribution panel and connected wiring is
>> rated for the max output of the protected source then you are good. A 200
>> ATS connected to a 10 kW genny does not require 2/0 as it will never meet
>> that rating. Just remember its whatever the max output can be plus your
>> margin.
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 15, 2022, 5:44 PM Chris Sparadeo via RE-wrenches <
>> re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jason,
>>>
>>> You bring up a valid point….in an off-grid scenario with the 15k do you
>>> size the conductors to the continuous capacity, surge capacity or the OCPD
>>> of the unit?
>>>
>>> -Chris

>>> Chris Sparadeo
>>>

>>> C_802-369-4458
>>> H_802-728-3059
>>>
>>> Pay optional member dues here: http://re-wrenches.org
>>>
>>> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org
>>>
>>> Change listserver email address & settings:
>>>
>>> There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try
>>> the other:
>>> https://www.mail-archive.com/re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org/
>>> http://lists.re-wrenches.org/pipermail/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org
>>>
>>> List rules & etiquette:
>>> http://www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>>>
>>> Check out or update participant bios:
>>> http://www.members.re-wrenches.org

>> Pay optional member dues here: http://re-wrenches.org
>>
>> List Address: RE-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org

>> There are two list archives for searching. When one doesn't work, try the
>> other:
>> https://www.mail-archive.com/re-wrenches@lists.re-wrenches.org/
>>
>> List rules & etiquette:
>> http://www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm