But this isn't a tap. It's a feeder conductor connected to an OCPD.

I guess if you don't have a grid in or generator in or AC Coupled PV, you
could just call it an inverter output circuit and it could be sized
accordingly. But it would still need to be protected at it's source by an
appropriately rated OCPD. Don't get me wrong... I don't think there is a
real safety issue here, but I also don't see how the NEC allows the
conductor to be sized for anything less than 200A.

Jason