I have met so many people who tell me they know someone who speaks Coptic, only
to get in touch with the individual and find out they know some hymns in Coptic
and can read some words in Coptic with no understanding. This is the case for
"Mona Zaki" if she is even a real person.  She may know some words in Coptic
from hymns and things pronounced with the bohairic pronunciation (as opposed to
modern greco-bohairic) which was still prevalent in areas even up to the
1950's, 60's and 70's until recordings and people taught under the modified
version began spreading the new pronunciation throughout Egypt. There are some
people who have knowledge of the original pronunciation I actually know one
person directly from Assiout who knows this pronunciation who told me when he
was a kid, many of the elders had psalms memorized by heart in Coptic with the
original pronunciation. She is right, the pronunciation will die out when she
dies but the pronunciation is different than speaking
 the language.

  Also, This is the institute ethnologue page on the coptic language
(http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=cop)

  Coptic  An extinct language of Egypt  ISO 639-3: cop
          Population  Extinct.    Alternate names    Neo-Egyptian    Dialects
Bohairic, Sahidic.    Classification  Afro-Asiatic, Egyptian    Language use
Liturgical language of the Coptic Church, Bohairic dialect. No first-language
speakers; it probably became extinct in the 16th century.    Language
development  NT: 1716–1924.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
            this case is documented by the institute Ethnlogue which one of the
largest institutions in the world that is concerned with languages and
particularly those which are in the process of extination. That this story is
reported by international news agencies and international institutions gives it
great creadibility.

  Lilian Nawar

  See what's free at AOL.com.

 Get your own web address.