Kevin Bednar wrote:

>... Spectrum has been LESS than helpful, other than to
>say "we discontinued it over 10 years ago

I wonder why they discontinued it?   (smirk)

>and can't help you"

In other words, "we want nothing to do with it"

>and "we can sell you a manual if you want though!".

Translation: You're on your own!

>Thats great. Also, does
>anyone know what mods are needed to run this unit with an outboard
>controller, as the Spectrum one sucks.

Trace the audio and PTT lines and disconnect the internal controller.
Add your choice of connector(s) to the RX audio out, COR out and PL
decoder out leads and to the TX audio in and PTT leads.  Then build
up your own interconnecting cable to go to an external controller.

Later on he wrote:

>I also wanted a Mastr II (got one donated but upon further
>inspection was missing a board and the PA was toast.)

Missing boards can be acquired, please state what was missing ...

And the PA is repairable, unless it's a lightning strike...

And if it's a high power model, and the final is toasted, you might
actually want to bypass the final and run it at the 40-45w level.

Mike

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: