You should one need one master II. But it will have to modify for full
duplex so do this as well as tuning it up completely on a vhf freq first
before starting the mods so that you know you are working with a good
unit.

I have been a bench tech for years and that mod it not for someone that
is new to bench work (I don't say this to be disrespectful or in any way
I'm I try to put you down but if you haven't done this type of mod
before you may what to find and Elmer to help you please don't take this
the wrong way).

 NHRC make a good controller I have install a few of the 3's and 4's and
they work 100%. With a mobile master II you should be able to run up to
about 35 watts 100% duty with out a fan and you may ever get by with
50watts with a couple of good fans on the heat sink of the PA.

On a master II make sure that you put a 10 ohm 10 watt load resister on
the audio output or you will have an oscillation in you rx audio on the
same note make sure to not ground either side of the audio output lines
it is BTL audio or (floating)

Hope this helps if you have more question or what ever fill free to
email direct

Gary LaForce
Chariton Valley TriStar Communications
Columbia Service Department Supervisor