Eric,

Thanks for the reminder never to trust a single instrument
too much.  This spur is verifiable though.  It can be heard
on the air when the Micors are running into an antenna, up
to at least 5 miles away if it is a true line of sight path
and there is some antenna gain at both ends.  And this has
been verified with more than one receiver/antenna/location.

Paul