   _____

From: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Paul Finch
Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 8:46 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] New DB-224 w/water cooled phasing harness???

Hello All,

>From what I have seen the quality is the same but I have been preaching on
this board and others you can’t install a DB antenna without sealing every
screw, bolt, plastic knot, connector and anything else that could leak
water.  Besides that you must take all connections to the harness and
tighten all screws before you seal it.  Once you do that the antenna may
possibly outlive most people on this board.  I have a DB-410 in downtown
Fort Worth that I installed in 1976 and it still has flat SWR.

Use Scotchkoat from 3M to seal the antennas but don’t get it on you, it
sticks to you as well as it does the antennas.

Paul

   _____