MEK will dissolve after sitting in it but it dries so fast it’s hard to keep
wet and besides it’s supposed to be a carcinogen.

Been there done that with the goo in the bottom of a bag, you learn real
fast to clean the threads of the can and cap before putting the cap back on.
If there is dried goo on the threads and the can gets turned over in your
bag it softens the hard goo and it just flows out over time.  I always clean
any goo off of the threads with MEK before I put the lid back on, it then
seals OK in any position.

It’s a lot of fun on a dry windy day, makes great looking brown spider webs.

Paul

   _____