  From: Paul Finch
  To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 9:46 PM
  Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] New DB-224 w/water cooled phasing harness???

  Hello All,

  From what I have seen the quality is the same but I have been preaching on
this board and others you can’t install a DB antenna without sealing every
screw, bolt, plastic knot, connector and anything else that could leak water.
Besides that you must take all connections to the harness and tighten all
screws before you seal it.  Once you do that the antenna may possibly outlive
most people on this board.  I have a DB-410 in downtown Fort Worth that I
installed in 1976 and it still has flat SWR.

  Use Scotchkoat from 3M to seal the antennas but don’t get it on you, it
sticks to you as well as it does the antennas.

  Paul