At 9/7/2008 17:47, you wrote:
>At 10:24 AM 9/7/2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

> >I've yet to see a G707 with remotely controllable CTCSS that doesn't use
> >the radio's memories. Did you run a haywire into the radio to bring out
> >the contacts for the "OK" button? I don't see any other way of
> >accomplishing remote CTCSS select because the "OK" button must be pushed to
> >complete the CTCSS freq. change, & this button isn't available on the
> >microphone (thanks a lot, Kenwood!).
>
><----The RC210 does it just fine, thank you. You can directly select
>CTCSS tone and encode/decode status. And with no mods to the radio
>whatsoever (and the TM-v7A and TM-271A for that matter)

Well, unless I'm missing something in the TM-G707 manual, there is no
documented way to change CTCSS frequency when in VFO mode on that radio.  I
assume that there is some unpublished key combo on the DMTF pad or an
undocumented serial interface (there has to be some sort of the latter as
the radio can be cloned via the packet connector) that you're making use of?

Bob NO6B