From: wd8chl
Date: 06/11/10 23:30:03
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] kyodo kg108 uhf

On 6/11/2010 7:45 AM, kerincom wrote:

> Hi guys .I have the genuine software and programming cable and kg108 uhf
> radios and I am trying to read and program them .The software is installed
> on a Toshiba 700mhnz laptop running win98se .and when I try to communicate
> with the radio it comes up with error in communications .I have tried
> running it in dos and still the same .It seems to be a com error because I
> have 2 programming cables and the get the same result with both.Can anyone
> suggest anything

I'm not familiar with those, but chances are if they are more than 6-8
years old, the software is DOS, and Windows won't allow control of the
RS-232 port the way it wants. Hit the 'Start' button, and in the
shutdown menu, one selection will be "Restart in MS-DOS mode." Select
that, and it will take you to a true DOS environment. You'll have to
navigate back to the directory you have your program in from there using
DOS commands.

Jim