Hi guys,

I know I'm late to the party, but...

I know that we're discussing URI format and Andy's writing code, and I have
some code as well.  One thing
that I haven't seen here is what functionality we want to enable by having a
repository.    Here are some possible
pieces:

1. Be able to download the jars that a project needs in order to get built
2. Be able to download the jars that a project need in order to run
3. Be able to generate the correct classpath so that a project can run
4. Allow the repository to be transparently mirrored world wide.
5. Allow the repository to be composed of multiple pieces, much like a UNIX
filesystem allows mount'ing of filesystems.

Are there any others?   In the midst of the URI format and the XML
descriptors, I'm having trouble seeing what we are
trying to enable.

Ted