"Adam R. B. Jack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 30/10/2003 02:46:15 AM:

> Hi,
> It seems to me that Dion put out a feeler with "Is anyone interested in
> reviving this project?" and a few of us (with unbounded passion)
launched in
> w/ gobs of information/opinions. Maybe this was just a one time opening
> flood gates, that was like drinking from a fire hose, but maybe it is
> to take a step back, and approach this methodically.
> First, Dion, what would you like to see? What are your goals for this

I was hoping to revive some discussion. Last time things jumped to code
and then stopped.

> project? What were you hoping for when you put out that feeler?

I was hoping we could take all the disparate repository efforts and focus

> Second, how do we keep some momentum and progress this, given the many
> different facets & ways to skin this cat.

Agree on what the basics are and allow differing implementations.

> I'd love to see progress made, without launching into implementation or
> complete specification or whatever. Is Wiki a way to progress this, or
> simple (focused) discussion topics on this list?
Simple focussed discussion without talking about incubating projects or
adopting projects works for me. Those are separate issues.
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Pub Key:http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/dion/public-key.asc