Title: RE: Proposals

Maven's is

http://<host>/<group>/<artifact_type>s/<id>[-<version>][-<release_type>].<artifact_type>

Which should cover all platforms (as artifact_type can be dll, jar, maven-plugin, doc, etc).
This also means http://repo.apache.org/org.apache.xerces can be the single place to download Xerces in C++, Java, cobol, whatever.

I imagined the <type> described below is a release type (dev, beta, SNAPSHOT?)

I thought it looked familiar ;)

The proposal should probably have a way to archive really old versions/snapshots in such a way that tools can still find them without modification, but that the directory doesn't get too cluttered and is easy to continue searching (org.apache.jakarta.commons would be a nightmare).

Cheers,
Brett