On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 21:41, Brett Porter wrote:
> I imagine:
>
> .../httpd/dists/httpd-2.0.45-src.zip
> .../httpd/dists/httpd-2.0.45-src.tar.gz
> .../httpd/dists/httpd-2.0.45-bin-solaris.tar.gz
> .../httpd/dists/httpd-2.0.45-bin-linux.tar.gz
>
> So I guess type != ext, which makes sense.

It doesn't always and that can certainly be handled by the tools where
you have a handler that deals with a specific type of artifact. It can
choose for the type and ext to be the same or not. Often people like to
classify their ejb's but they are packaged in a JAR with a .jar
extension. The type != ext is easy to deal with.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
[EMAIL PROTECTED]