Chris McDonough wrote:
> The repoze.bfg trunk (what will eventually be released as version 0.8) has
> shed
> all dependencies on packages that require compilation of C code.

Cool. :-)

> I'd be  grateful if folks could try this out on their favorite
> platform-without-the-capability-of-compiling-C-code (Windows, GAE, Jython,
> PyPy,
> etc) and report back any interesting findings.

I think there'd be enormous value in a "Getting started on GAE" tutorial
on bfg.repoze.org.

For that I'd like to see:

  - a skeleton code project
  - an understanding of how to use the GAE model storage in a BFG
application
  - some kind of basic CRUD forms for such

BFG feels like a good match for GAE, especially for people with a
Zopeish inclination. I did a GAE project recently and used Google's own
webapp framework, which was OK, but rather bare. I looked into using
Pylons, but it seemed to require some rather shaky patches to the GAE
environment. So probably, this could be an interesting niche for BFG.

Martin