Mike,

> Rainer> it might be useful to have a sponsor per set of common files.  I
> Rainer> have a couple of changes that affect the same file or files
> Rainer> (like nightly or the SUNWonbld package files), and it would
> Rainer> probably be easier to sponsor and integrate those related groups
> Rainer> of changes as a whole.  I could try to find sensible groups if
> Rainer> that would help.
>
> I know it would help me.  The entire list is more than I think I have
> time for (at the moment), but I want to sponsor at least some of them.

excellent.  So here's the grouping I came up with:

* self contained:

  6414822 don't try to build packages with closed components
  6414837 protocmp doesn't handle .v on sparc
  6410467 typo in protolist.c
  6414845 groff reports warnings in SUNWonbld man pages
  6414851 bldenv should set -d from env file
  6414855 make clobber doesn't
  6414860 SUNWonmtst.? packages shouldn't refer to Sun-internal mailing list

* SUNWonbld package stuff:

  6412893 SUNWonbld should install into /opt/SUNWonbld
  6414830 SUNWonbld should install missing files
  6414832 SUNWonbld gk account should use gid 0
  6414833 SUNWonbld should use /opt as BASEDIR

  6414843 SUNWonbld shouldn't install sgml man pages
  6414844 SUNWonbld should use protocmp

  The last two can probably be handled individually, and I don't have fixes
  ready yet since there are a couple of open questions, at least some of
  which I already raised in the CRs.

* nightly stuff:

  6412892 nightly needs $SUNWSPRO/bin in PATH
  6343373 nightly.sh ignores existing DMAKE_MAX_JOBS
  5016238 nightly should be more conservative in clobbering logs

  Could be handled individually if desired, but the fixes are mostly
  trivial.

Hope this helps.

        Rainer

Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University