Before we found out about that one, we developed our own ProxyFilter,
instead of a servlet, with a bit more complex URL mapping features,
using regular expressions.

We have done it to be able to integrate some back-end dynamic services
with a site driven by SiteMesh, and so far it works pretty well. We have
to test it under heavy load yet, as we are still developing it and have
not reached that phase.

I thought about contributing it back to Resin, the extra regexp based
mapping fatures, as I did it for our own OS framework, but I haven't had
time to find out if/how Caucho handles contributions and integrate that
part into the Resin servlet.

Cheers.
D.