Scott Ferguson wrote:
On Aug 28, 2007, at 8:49 AM, Mike Wynholds wrote:

This is an old bug report, but it sounds like it might be the cause:

Centos is sort of a redhat derivative, right? anyway, assuming you are
using JDK 5, you could try either a) upgrading to JDK 6 or b) disable
IPv6.

" A workaround for RedHat-type users is to disable IPv6, by editing
/etc/sysconfig/network and changing NETWORKING_IPV6=no."

anyway, I have no idea if this is the actual issue. I just did a quick
google search for " java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested
address" and came across this.  It actually says it only happens when
binding to the local address, but maybe that's what the watchdog process
is doing??

That's interesting.  Thanks for finding this.

The Watchdog does bind to port localhost:6600. That's how the "stop" command works and how the Watchdog can manage multiple Resin JVMs with a single watchdog process.

-- Scott
Is this a bug? or going to be considered a bug?

I am wondering how this would work if I started multiple Resin installations on the same machine?
..mike..