Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 10:50 AM
To: General Discussion for the Resin application server
Subject: Re: [Resin-interest] Start up problem

Scott Ferguson wrote:

On Aug 28, 2007, at 9:45 AM, Eric Kreiser wrote:

        That's interesting.  Thanks for finding this.
        The Watchdog does bind to port localhost:6600.  That's how the
        command works and how the Watchdog can manage multiple Resin
        with a single watchdog process.
        -- Scott

Is this a bug? or going to be considered a bug?

It's not a Resin bug.  Binding to a local port is a capability of the
JDK.  We're certainly not going to work around a JDK bug that

-- Scott

I don't follow.  Resin is binding the Watchdog process to

And all that I am really concerned with is... how would/should I start
multiple Resin servers on the same machine?  How will this work if each
is going to try to bind to

        I am wondering how this would work if I started multiple Resin
installations on the same machine?