On Aug 28, 2007, at 9:45 AM, Eric Kreiser wrote:

That's interesting.  Thanks for finding this.

The Watchdog does bind to port localhost:6600.  That's how the "stop"
command works and how the Watchdog can manage multiple Resin JVMs
with a single watchdog process.

-- Scott

Is this a bug? or going to be considered a bug?

It's not a Resin bug. Binding to a local port is a capability of the JDK. We're certainly not going to work around a JDK bug that fundamental.

-- Scott

I am wondering how this would work if I started multiple Resin installations on the same machine?

..mike..

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tony Zakula
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 9:26 PM
To: resin-interest@caucho.com
Subject: [Resin-interest] Start up problem

Hi,

I have been trying to install and run resin on a Centos 5 system.
I run

it fine on Windows.  Everything installs fine on Centos, but when I
try
to run the resin.jar file with all of the default configuration, I get
the following error:

Aug 24, 2007 11:26:39 AM com.caucho.boot.ResinWatchdog run
INFO: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address
java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:359)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.(ServerSocket.java:185)
        at com.caucho.boot.ResinWatchdog.run(ResinWatchdog.java:496)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

The server is behind a firewall with an ip address of 192.168.1.3,
but I

have an entry in the hosts file with the machine name and the ip
address.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Tony