Hi Mattias,

Checking again, the method you mention did not work for me because it
is calling the PasswordDigest method that specifies the username and
password but not the realm, so it was using the default realm ->
getting a different encription. I tried providing an empty realm but
that just reverted to the default.

However looking at the code, it seems that in order to be able to use
the method with an empty realm, one needs to specify a realm but use
"none" as name. So if you pass no value, you get a default but if you
pass a value, you can make it use null... a bit convoluted, I would
say :).

So one could use your class and specify "none" as realm or use mine,
both should work. I tested it on 3.1.1

Mattias Jiderhamn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ha escrito: