Emil Ong schrieb am 02.07.2009 um 16:36:38 (-0700):
> On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 11:05:54PM +0200, Michael Ludwig wrote:
> > You're very welcome. Now there is a new error message :-)
> >
> >   An error occurred during provisioning.
> >   Error reading signed content.
> >   The file "C:\IDE\eclipse\plugins\com.caucho.resin.eclipse_4.0.0"
> >   does not exist
> >
> > Probably trivial to solve.
>
> Hmm... it could be an artifact of removing and reinstalling.  The plugin
> and site are unchanged from before.  Does this happen on install or when
> using the plugin?

Back on the machine where the error occurred. This is XP Home and
Eclipse 3.4.0 (vs XP Professional and Eclipse 3.4.?).

I created the directory that Eclipse complained was missing:

  md C:\IDE\eclipse\plugins\com.caucho.resin.eclipse_4.0.0

I tried reinstalling the Resin plugin. Eclipse zipped away during
installation.

I started Eclipse anew and retried the installation. No crash this time.
Apparent success, but nothing in the Resin plugin directory I created
manually. I removed it manually.

There is no Resin choice in the New Server menu either. Yet the Resin
feature is listed under "Help > Software Updates > Installed Software".

Uninstalling again. "Installing org.apache.oro"?

I restarted Eclipse every time when prompted to do so.

Last attempt to install. Success! No idea why.

The filesystem path issue persists, of course. A workaround would be to
move the Eclipse workspace to a path without spaces.

Michael Ludwig