Aaron Freeman wrote:
> This page says that I can obfuscate a password in the resin.xml file,
> but doesn't appear to work.  It works in 3.0.23, but stopped working in
> 3.1.x and 4.0.x.  We use this feature, not to protect the password on
> the server, but to make sure it isn't accidentally transmitted in
> clear-text by mistake when sharing our resin.xml files with consultants,
> via email, etc:
>
> http://www.caucho.com/resin/admin/database-pool-config.xtp#Protecting%20the%20database%20password
>
> Here is the error I am getting.  I have tried in resin-pro-4.0.2,.4, and
> .5, and resin-pro-3.1.9:
>
> /opt/server/conf/resin.xml:44: resin:type="com.encryption.Password" is
> an unexpected attribute in <password>.
>
> 42: <key-store-type>jks</key-store-type>
> 43: <key-store-file>/opt/sendthisfile/server/ssl.kdb</key-store-file>
> 44: <password resin:type="com.encryption.Password">abcdefg</password>
> 45: </jsse-ssl>
> 46: </http>
>
> Any thoughts?

Thanks. That's a documentation issue.

The resin:type has been replaced by a more general CanDI syntax, which
looks like:

<password xmlns:encryption="urn:java:com.encryption">
  <encryption:Password>abcdefg</encryption:password>
</password>

In other words, the custom class now has its own XML tag instead of the
resin:type syntax.

(Unfortunately, it was not possible for us to keep the old resin:type
for backwards compatibility, because that would have complicated the key
underlying configuration too much.)

-- Scott