On 3/22/2010 1:11 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> Aaron Freeman wrote:
>
>> >  This page says that I can obfuscate a password in the resin.xml file,
>> >  but doesn't appear to work.  It works in 3.0.23, but stopped working in
>> >  3.1.x and 4.0.x.  We use this feature, not to protect the password on
>> >  the server, but to make sure it isn't accidentally transmitted in
>> >  clear-text by mistake when sharing our resin.xml files with consultants,
>> >  via email, etc:
>> >

>> > http://www.caucho.com/resin/admin/database-pool-config.xtp#Protecting%20the%20database%20password
>> >
>> >  Here is the error I am getting.  I have tried in resin-pro-4.0.2,.4, and
>> >  .5, and resin-pro-3.1.9:
>> >
>> >  /opt/server/conf/resin.xml:44: resin:type="com.encryption.Password" is
>> >  an unexpected attribute in<password>.
>> >
>> >  42:<key-store-type>jks</key-store-type>
>> >  43:<key-store-file>/opt/sendthisfile/server/ssl.kdb</key-store-file>
>> >  44:<password resin:type="com.encryption.Password">abcdefg</password>
>> >  45:</jsse-ssl>
>> >  46:</http>
>> >
>> >  Any thoughts?
>> >

> Thanks. That's a documentation issue.
>
> The resin:type has been replaced by a more general CanDI syntax, which
> looks like:
>
> <password xmlns:encryption="urn:java:com.encryption">
>    <encryption:Password>abcdefg</encryption:password>
> </password>
>
> In other words, the custom class now has its own XML tag instead of the
> resin:type syntax.
>
> (Unfortunately, it was not possible for us to keep the old resin:type
> for backwards compatibility, because that would have complicated the key
> underlying configuration too much.
Ok, so I thought what you were saying is that this:

<password xmlns:encryption="urn:java:com.encryption">
<encryption:Password>abcdefg</encryption:password>
</password>

is a drop-in replacement for this:

<password resin:type="com.encryption.Password">abcdefg</password>

but apparently I think you are trying to tell me that we need to change
our Java source code somehow, based on getting this when trying to start
Resin:

/opt/server/conf/resin.xml:47: unable to create attribute
SetterAttribute[public void
com.caucho.vfs.JsseSSLFactory.setPassword(java.lang.String)] for
com.caucho.vfs.jssesslfact...@6779e6 and
QName[{http://caucho.com/ns/resin}password]

So is there a link that you can point me to in order to give me a clue
in what I need to do to modify our source to handle this new syntax?

Thanks,

Aaron