I've used Resin for 6 or 8 years now, ever since working at a company that used
it.

I use it for a lot of little personal projects and web sites, nothing very
substantial. But there's a chance that something I did recently will grow, and
I'm looking at how to use Resin with Rackspace virtual hosts.

I'm finding it hard to get through some of Caucho's concepts. How is a web
server different from an app server? Is a web server the same as a load
balancer? All my apps run completely self-contained on a single server, talking
to a MySQL instance running on the same machine, using Hibernate and no special
caching.

I'm having a hard time quickly learning how to move from that environment to
the triad and elastic servers. Can I take the intermediate step of running just
two servers?

How does load balancing work? I've only ever used a Big IP F5. Do I want to
bother with Rackspace's load balancers?

Stuff like that. Is there a good introductory document (not just a set of
slides)? So far, everything I've read assumes a certain level of knowledge.

Thanks,

--
Rick