On 11/8/12 7:17 PM, Rick Mann wrote:
> Thanks, Scott, I'll read through that more carefully shortly.
>
> One question. Do I set up one server with the multi-machine additions as you
> show, and then just replicate the config file (and server, webapp, et al)
> onto all the machines? I realize that may seem obvious, but I want to be sure.

Yes, all the servers will have the same configuration.
> Also, how do I get them to talk to each other via private interfaces? Or does
> that happen magically with Rackspace?

Ah. I wasn't explicit about that. (You're right about assumptions.)

The IP addresses you put in app_servers and web_servers are *private*
addresses. You shouldn't put public addresses in the app_servers and
web_servers, if you have the option. If you have 1 machine, you should
use 127.0.0.1, otherwise use the private IP.

I don't specifically know about Rackspace, but you might need to change
the firewall settings so each server is allowed to connect to 6800.
Amazon, for example, has a security group firewall, so only the servers
in the security group are allowed to see 6800. Outside servers can't get
to it. I'm sure Rackspace has something similar.

When you start Resin with "start-all" (or the /etc/init.d script), Resin
will compare its own IP address with the configuration IP addresses in
app_servers and web_servers and start itself as the local address. (Does
that make sense?)