On Nov 10, 2012, at 7:14 AM, Haroon Rasheed wrote:

> Thanks Paul for the great Video!
> Could you please provide more details on the clustered sessions using
> distributed memcache/JCache?

Hi Haroon,

The Memcache/JCache layer really isn't intended for direct access to the user
session, if that was the intention of your question.  Although theoretically
that's possible.

We've added these API so that your application can setup and use a distributed
cache as you see fit.  This cache is based on the same technology Resin uses
for session failover.

There is a "memcached tier" example in resin.xml in the latest Resin releases.
It sets up a Memcache network listener.

Here are some links to documentation on using the distributed cache with JCache:

http://www.infoq.com/news/2011/12/resin-memcached
http://www.caucho.com/resin-application-server/press/caucho-features-resin-cache-an-elastic-and-persisted-alternative-memcached-solution/
http://caucho.com/resin-4.0/admin/cluster-cloud.xtp#ClusterResourcesCacheQueues
http://wiki4.caucho.com/Resin_Java_Cache_using_CDI_Inject