On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 5:55 PM, zoe slattery <zoe.slatt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When you get to the Hursley site you will need to follow the signs to the
> 'Club House', it's quite well sign posted and well away from the main
> buildings. It would be great if everyone could make it in time for the
> evening meal on Friday - this will be at about 19:00.
> Just as a reminder - check this site for details about how to get to Hursley
> and other info http://sites.google.com/site/apacheretreat/home

Ok. I'll be arriving on Friday at 10:15 in London Heathrow. I plan to
take the train from there to Winchester. If all goes well, my ETA will
be about 13:00 or 13:30 in Winchester. From there maybe I'll take a
taxi (or share a taxi with someone?).

Unless there is an other/easier/cheaper/faster way to get from London
Heathrow to Hursley around noon?

Also: I have my return flight at 19:00 on Sunday (need to be at the
airport around 17:50). Right now I'm planning to take the train again
from Winchester to London Heathrow, but that takes 3h30mins :-(. So
I'll have to leave around noon to catch a train around 14:00. Is there
another way that will get me to London faster? Maybe I can ride along
with someone? It would be nice to know this in advance, to determine
whether I have to buy a return ticket for the train (which is cheaper
overall), or rather a one-way ticket ...