On 15/09/2010 09:05, Johan Corveleyn wrote:
On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 5:55 PM, zoe slattery<zoe.slatt...@gmail.com>  wrote:
When you get to the Hursley site you will need to follow the signs to the
'Club House', it's quite well sign posted and well away from the main
buildings. It would be great if everyone could make it in time for the
evening meal on Friday - this will be at about 19:00.
Just as a reminder - check this site for details about how to get to Hursley
and other info http://sites.google.com/site/apacheretreat/home
Ok. I'll be arriving on Friday at 10:15 in London Heathrow. I plan to
take the train from there to Winchester. If all goes well, my ETA will
be about 13:00 or 13:30 in Winchester. From there maybe I'll take a
taxi (or share a taxi with someone?).

Unless there is an other/easier/cheaper/faster way to get from London
Heathrow to Hursley around noon?
Yes - much better - take the bus www.nationalexpress.com
This should take about 1hr 35, the train will likely take you into London and out again and be
much more expensive.
Also: I have my return flight at 19:00 on Sunday (need to be at the
airport around 17:50). Right now I'm planning to take the train again
from Winchester to London Heathrow, but that takes 3h30mins :-(. So
I'll have to leave around noon to catch a train around 14:00. Is there
another way that will get me to London faster?
Yes - bus again. I'm happy to drop groups in Winchester on Sunday ( can take 4 people in my car) and I think there will be other people driving so we can fix lifts or taxis if there is really no-one going....
Maybe I can ride along
with someone? It would be nice to know this in advance, to determine
whether I have to buy a return ticket for the train (which is cheaper
overall), or rather a one-way ticket ...