What I was hoping for was an installer that the backup administrator
could set the password beforehand.  Then this installer with the set
password could be made available publicly to our customers for
install.  As is stands now, we are forced to send a tech out to do
the install so the password will be set to a generic password we all
know.  Once the client is activated, the password is changed.  In
effect this is not a installer with no password, it is an installer
with a set-able password.

> > >Is there any chance that a set of PC and Mac client installers can be made
> > >available that don't require passwords to install?
>

>Do you really want clients with no passwords?
>
>Seems to me that even if your site is isolated from the internet at some point
>something could break that would accidentally expose your computers
>to the rest
>of the world. At that point, someone could find your Retrospect clients and
>back them up since there are no passwords.
>
>Just as worrisome is the fact that anyone with a copy of Retrospect could log
>into the computers and potentially cause problems.
>
>Even "dantz" or "retrospect" or something else totally lame would
>prevent folks
>from logging in....
>
>Craig

Philip Morris