>Be very careful.  I have an APS drive that doesn't work well with Retrospect
>at all.  Avoid Yamaha S6416 mechanisms, which APS has used in the past.  Be
>sure to check the list of qualified drive mechanisms on the Dantz web site.
>Phil Geller
>Thanks for the help..

I found the list of acceptable  CD-RW mechanisms that will work with
Retrospect Express on the Dantz website.

Now is there a list somewhere that tells you  what mechanisms are being
used in various company's models.

When I visit the sites they say they manufactured their product but my
research tells me that in most cases the inside mechanisms came from
somewhere else.

The name and number of that mechanism would sure be a help.  Hopefully
there is a master list somewhere in this big wide world.

Bruce Haig                 Explorers of the West Sketchbook Project

New address:     http://www.ourheritage.net

Historical Research Centre  * 1115 - 8 Ave. S. * Lethbridge, Alberta,
Canada   T1J 1P7