Can anyone let me know why Yamaha S6416 mechanism would not be recommended?

I just purchased recently a Yamaha S6416 drive for my Macintosh.  To
date, I have no problems with the drive, with the exception of a
ISO9660 burn that failed to verify, but burned just fine.

What problems has the list heard about that drive, or experienced?  I
would be very interested!  :/

..Greg

>>Be very careful.  I have an APS drive that doesn't work well with
>Retrospect
>>at all.  Avoid Yamaha S6416 mechanisms, which APS has used in the past.  Be
>>sure to check the list of qualified drive mechanisms on the Dantz web site.
>>
>>Phil Geller
>>WorkingMacs

Greg Jewett, Server/Project Engineer   Phone: (512) 996-4257
Motorola IT Department                 Pager: (800) 478-4034
Parmer Lane - IT Department            ePage: [EMAIL PROTECTED]