At 15:09 -0800 1/27/00, Matthew Tevenan wrote:

>If Yamaha does release an update to the firmware of the Yamaha 6416 CD-RW
>drive, rest assured Eric or I will tell the list shortly thereafter.
>
>We are still hopeful of a fix for this problem, and do not consider the
>removal of the 6416 from our supported devices list a "final" gesture by any
>means.

Hi Matthew,

I've gone through 2 6416's from APS and also returned 2 others to
them, for credit, that were purchased by clients of mine.

Do you or Eric have an email address at Yamaha that people can write
to?  Maybe they will move a bit faster if they get LOTS of inquires
about when they will produce a fix for their firmware.