Ben,

What is the status of the disk before you click Proceed? That is, does it
say Erased, Content Unrecognized, etc.? If the disk says "Content
Unrecognized," there is non-Retrospect data on the disk. Retrospect will not
erase the disk automatically in this case without your approval.

If you've erased the disk beforehand and it still says content unrecognized,
there are probably invisible files on the disk. This is unfortunately a fact
of life with removables. Try renaming the disk to exactly the name
Retrospect will give it before copying files (for example, "1-Marketing
Backup [008]" if it's a new media backup). That should do the trick, though
it could get tedious. That's the only workaround I can think of, though,
save clicking Proceed every morning...

Regards,

Matthew Tevenan
Dantz Technical Support