Okey Dokey Pro does a great job of clicking the highlighted button in
a dialog box like that. You can find it at any Mac shareware site.
You basically install it as a control panel, and then any time a
dialog box comes up, after a preset amount of time of inactivity on
either the mouse or keyboard, it'll press the highlighted button for
you. The problem is going to be, though (if I remember correctly -
long time since I backed up to a zip) that you get presented with a
second dialog box that flashes an exclamation at you ("do you really
want to erase the disk..." or some such), and the Proceed button
isn't the highlighted one. But you may be able turn this off in the
Retrospect Directory's Special:Preferences section for media erasure.
A little experimentation with Okey Dokey and those settings should do

Jim Coefield