At 9:55 AM -0500 3/15/00, Rich Lafferty wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 03:19:46AM -0600, Verne Arase
>  > Aren't you polluting the network with twice the traffic if you do this?
>I'm not sure I understand why; if you mount the netatalk-shared volume
>on the machine that's running retrospect, then you're still moving
>each file across the network once.
>Unfortunately, you throw away all of your ownership and permissions
information at the same time. :-/

Sorry ... I guess I never considered that you might want to mount the
drives on your Retro server; for some reason I only considered doing
it on a client.

Just my prejudices about keeping important machines as vanilla as
possible, I suppose ...
It's not what you don't know that'll hurt you;
it's what you _do_ know that isn't so.