I have 2 VXA drives installed on an upgraded 8500 to a 300mhz G3. I get an
average of 160mb/min with an Adaptec 2940uw card. VXA has built-in
compression so turn off software compression.

I took Retrospect off my server. I prefer separation of services. I didn't
have any problems but lots of people did. I believe Jon Gardner who watches
this list can give you greater insight on Retrospect/ASIP.

Garret J. Cleversley
Vice President/General Manager
Center Page, Inc.
716-822-2212