I have been able to install the apps and get a new test service to
run. My test service was to launch Notepad.exe. However, when I try
to load a file created in Notepad (e.g., mydoc.txt), I get the
following error:

"Could not start test serive in \\NT SERVER. Error 2140: An internal
Windows NT error occcurred."

I can (and will) search the MSKB for that error. However, I was
wondering if anyone knows off hand if you can "run" a document (as
opposed to an application) as a service?

P.S. Anyone who needs the files srvany.exe and instsrv.exe can get
them at http://www.pyeung.com/userdefinedservice.html

Noah M. Eiger
Manager of Information Systems
Mother Jones Magazine / Foundation for National Progress
415-665-6637 x.204