I backup a G4 through the our network. However, the G4 is set to
'Save memory and sleep mode' (via T-Minus Ten and a Applescript) and
this prevents it from waking up when the backup is due to be made.
There are two settings in the energy saving CP that effects how to
wake up a sleeping computer, either at any network activity or only
when administrative network activity take place. The first setting is
useless, it wakes up the computer everytime mail is checked or Icq
sends a packet, so I guess the second settings is what I need to use,
but how do you generate administrative network activity?